Most of us, howsoever we deny, are concerned with our external appearances. While same level of external beauty may not be given for all, what we can do is how we can take care of what we have. Some prefer not having any visible marks on their skin or rather face, as the mark of beauty standards, others often prefer a flawless skin to show off to others as the mark of beauty. Here, we will mention about few tips for winter skin care which will add up to the care you already take and have listed a few products in each category which we recommend.
Now that winter is here, the amount dryness skin feels is also increased. So, let’s take a look at few things we must do to give justice to our skin, regardless of gender.
Replenish/Hydrate your skin
While in winter, our thirst decreases, we drink less water which affects our skin badly. It is important to keep water content of our skin cells high so that the old age look in winter can be avoided.
Clean your skin and face thoroughly
In winter, and because of pollution, the dust settles in the face. So, ladies and gentlemen, please take a few minutes to wash up your face at least in the morning and before going to the bed. We are listing a few products, you can use for cleansing.
- Neutrogena Cleanser
- Torrent Ahaglow Facewash
- Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Cleanser
- Cetaphil Skin Cleanser
- Himalaya Moisturizing Aloevera face wash
While you feel your face is smoother and less oily in winter, the chances of occurrence of dry skin are really high and it is imperative that these white patches be exfoliated thoroughly. You may use any of the below or any products based on your skin type for exfoliation.
- Neutrogena Deep clean Blackhead eliminatin daily scrub
- Biotique bio papaya revitalizing tan-removal scrub
- Lotus Herbals whiteglow oatmeal & yogurt skin whitening scrub
- L’Oreal Go360 Exfoliating scrub
- St. Ives Fresh skin Apricot face Scrub
In every climate, based on your skin sensitivity, you can go for face masks (frequency being determined by skin sensitivity). Rather than spending money in parlor, with less time and money, you can even prepare at home masks and try the same. Always use masks with good quality products, never compromise quality, cheaper products usually have more chemicals. Use masks that don’t harm your skin much, either light chemicals or herbal. A good mask will even amount to making your skin look more lively. A few products we recommend are,
- Himalaya Purifying Neem Peel Off Mask
- The Face Shop Real Nature Green Tea Face Mask
- HealthVit Activated Charcoal Purifying Peel Off Mask
- L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Mask Exfoliate & Refine Pores
- Mamaearth Charcoal , Coffee & Clay Face Mask
Go for rich moisturizer in winter with high SPF, this not only protects against the sun, but to an extent prevents premature aging. Use a non-sticky lotion all over the skin, including face, also make sure it is not too dry. A few products you may try for moisturizing are,
- Nutrogena Deep clean oil free moisture SPF 15
- Lotus herbals alphamoist oil free moisturiser
- Clean&Clean Skin balancing moisturiser
- Garnier Skin Naturals Sun Control Daily Moisturiser
- Nivea Creme
Winter or summer, always keep the skin clean by washing in plain water. If you give a little care to your skin, it definitely shows.